We are partners of Bondioli&Pavesi and can manufacture Pto shafts similar to theirs. Our production line adopts the most advanced technology and equipment to ensure that the Pto shafts we produce have high-quality quality and performance. Our team consists of a group of experienced and skilled craftsmen who treat every detail with extremely high standards
|Safety Slide Lock
Repair Kit – *19-15094
Repair Kit – *130 0571 8
|Dim. “A” Bore
|1 3/8″ x 6 Spl
|1 1/8″ x 6 Spl.
|1 3/8″ x 21 Spl.
|1 3/8″ x 6 Spl.
|1 3/8″ x 21 Spl
|Cross & Bearing Kit
|(R-Kit) (Recommended 8 hour grease interval)
|Extended Lubrication(E-Kit)(Recommended 50 hour grease interval)
|Inner Profile Yoke
|Outer Profile Yoke
|Shear PinDim. “A”=31”
|Easy Lock Replacement Kit
|Guard Chain Kit
Order Bearings As Required
|Fits Overall Driveline Length
|Bearing Kit (2-per kit)
Length Dim. “A”
|Max Running Length
|1 3/8″ x 6 Spl. QD
|1 3/8″ x 6 Spl. QD
|1 3/8″ x 6 Spl. QD
|1 3/8″ x 6 Spl. QD
|1 3/8″ x 6 Spl. QD
|1 3/8″ x 6 Spl. QD
|1 3/8″ x 6 Spl. QD
Cross Kit/ Universal Joint
Shaft Shield Guard
PTO Spline & Adaptor & Hub
Wide Angle Joint
As a China PTO shaft manufacturer, we have the following advantages:
- High quality products: We use the most advanced technology and materials to ensure that the PTO shafts we produce have excellent quality and durability.
- Comprehensive product line: Our PTO shafts cover a variety of types and sizes to meet the needs of different customers.
- Customized service: We can produce customized PTO shaft products according to the specific needs of customers, thereby ensuring that customer requirements are met.
- Fast delivery time: Our production line operates efficiently and can quickly respond to customer needs, ensuring rapid delivery of PTO shaft products.
- Professional technical support: We have a professional technical team that can provide customers with various technical support and consulting services to ensure that customers receive the best solution.
We welcome you to our PTO shaft production factory in China. We are 1 of the largest China PTO shaft manufacturers , focusing on providing customers with high-quality and high-performance PTO shaft. We are an experienced manufacturer dedicated to producing high-quality PTO shafts to help customers successfully complete their various projects.
We are committed to using the most advanced technology and equipment to ensure that the PTO shafts we produce have excellent quality and reliability, to ensure that customers receive the best performance and service life. Our team is composed of experienced professionals who can tailor the PTO shaft to the customer’s needs to best meet their specific requirements.
In addition, our factory has a strict quality management system to ensure that each PTO shaft meets industry standards and passes all necessary quality tests. We have first-class after-sales service and will make every effort to ensure customer satisfaction.
We look CHINAMFG to working with you and manufacturing high-quality PTO shafts for you to help your project achieve greater success. If you have any questions about our factory, please feel free to contact us.
|Stiffness & Flexibility:
|Journal Diameter Dimensional Accuracy:
What factors should be considered when selecting the right PTO shaft for an application?
When selecting the right Power Take-Off (PTO) shaft for an application, several factors need to be considered to ensure optimal performance, safety, and compatibility. PTO shafts are crucial components that transmit power from a power source to driven machinery or equipment. Here are the key factors to consider when selecting the appropriate PTO shaft for an application:
1. Power Requirements: The power requirements of the driven machinery play a vital role in determining the appropriate PTO shaft. Consider the horsepower (HP) or kilowatt (kW) rating of the power source and ensure that the PTO shaft can handle the required power transmission. It is essential to match the power capacity of the PTO shaft with the power output of the power source to ensure efficient and reliable operation.
2. Speed and Torque Requirements: Consider the speed and torque requirements of the driven machinery. Determine the desired rotational speed and torque levels necessary for the equipment to operate effectively. Some applications require specific speed or torque ratios, while others may require variable speeds. Ensure that the selected PTO shaft can handle the required speed and torque range to provide the necessary power transfer.
3. Shaft Type and Design: Evaluate the type and design of the PTO shaft to ensure compatibility with the application. Consider factors such as the distance between the power source and the driven machinery, the need for angular misalignment, and the flexibility of movement required. Different shaft types, such as standard, telescopic, or Constant Velocity (CV) shafts, offer varying capabilities to accommodate different application requirements.
4. Safety Considerations: Safety is a critical factor when selecting a PTO shaft. Assess the safety features provided by the PTO shaft, such as protective guards, shear bolt mechanisms, or other safety devices. Protective guards should be in place to prevent accidental contact with the rotating shaft. Shear bolt mechanisms can protect the driveline components from damage in case of excessive torque or sudden resistance. Prioritize safety features that align with the specific hazards and risks associated with the application.
5. Application Specifics: Consider the unique requirements of the application. Factors such as the type of machinery, industry sector, environmental conditions, and operating conditions should be taken into account. For example, agricultural applications may require PTO shafts that can handle debris and dirt accumulation, while industrial applications may require PTO shafts with high corrosion resistance or special sealing to protect against contaminants.
6. Compatibility and Interchangeability: Ensure that the selected PTO shaft is compatible with the power source and the driven machinery. Consider factors such as the shaft diameter, spline size, and connection type. Check if the PTO shaft adheres to industry standards and if it can be easily interchanged with other compatible components in case of replacement or upgrading needs. Compatibility and interchangeability can simplify maintenance and reduce downtime.
7. Manufacturer and Quality: Choose a reputable manufacturer or supplier to ensure the quality and reliability of the PTO shaft. Look for manufacturers with a track record of producing high-quality PTO shafts that meet industry standards and regulations. Consider factors such as warranty, after-sales support, and availability of spare parts when making a selection.
By considering these factors, you can select the right PTO shaft that meets the power, speed, torque, safety, and application requirements. It is advisable to consult with experts, such as equipment manufacturers or PTO shaft specialists, to ensure an optimal match between the PTO shaft and the application.
Are there any limitations or disadvantages associated with PTO shafts?
While PTO (Power Take-Off) shafts offer numerous advantages in terms of power transfer and versatility, they also have certain limitations and disadvantages. It’s important to consider these factors when using PTO shafts to ensure safe and efficient operation. Here’s a detailed explanation of some limitations and disadvantages associated with PTO shafts:
1. Safety Hazards: One of the primary concerns with PTO shafts is the potential for safety hazards. PTO shafts rotate at high speeds and can pose a significant risk if not properly guarded or handled. Accidental contact with an exposed or inadequately shielded PTO shaft can result in severe injuries, including entanglement, amputation, or even fatalities. It is crucial to follow safety guidelines, implement proper guarding, and ensure that operators are well-trained on safe handling practices to mitigate these risks.
2. Maintenance and Lubrication: PTO shafts require regular maintenance and lubrication to ensure optimal performance and longevity. The moving parts, such as universal joints and splines, need to be inspected, cleaned, and lubricated at recommended intervals. Neglecting maintenance can lead to premature wear, decreased efficiency, and potential failures. Proper maintenance practices, including regular inspections and timely lubrication, are essential to mitigate these issues.
3. Alignment and Angles: PTO shafts rely on proper alignment and angles to ensure efficient power transfer. Misalignment or excessive angles between the power source and driven machinery can cause increased wear and strain on the components, leading to premature failure. Ensuring proper alignment and angle adjustment, using adjustable sliding yokes or other means, is important to prevent excessive stress on the PTO shaft and associated equipment.
4. Length Limitations: PTO shafts have limitations on their maximum and minimum length due to engineering constraints. The telescoping design allows for some adjustment, but there is a practical limit to how much the shaft can extend or retract. If the distance between the power source and driven machinery exceeds the maximum or falls below the minimum length of the PTO shaft, alternative solutions or modifications may be required. In some cases, additional components such as drive shaft extensions or gearboxes may be necessary to bridge the distance.
5. Compatibility: While manufacturers strive to ensure compatibility, there can still be challenges in finding the right PTO shaft for specific equipment configurations. Equipment may have unique requirements in terms of spline sizes, torque ratings, or connection methods that may not be readily available or compatible with off-the-shelf PTO shafts. Customization may be required to address these compatibility issues, which can result in increased costs or lead times.
6. Noise and Vibrations: PTO shafts in operation can generate significant noise and vibrations, especially at higher speeds. This can be a nuisance for operators and may require additional measures to reduce noise levels or dampen vibrations. Excessive vibrations can also affect the overall performance and lifespan of the PTO shaft and connected equipment. Implementing vibration dampeners or using flexible couplings can help mitigate these issues.
7. Power Limits: PTO shafts have specific power limits based on their design, materials, and components. Exceeding these power limits can lead to premature wear, component failures, or even shaft breakage. It is crucial to understand and adhere to the recommended power ratings for PTO shafts to ensure safe and reliable operation. In some cases, upgrading to a higher-capacity PTO shaft or implementing additional power transmission components may be necessary to accommodate higher power requirements.
8. Complex Installation and Removal: Installing and removing PTO shafts can be a complex process, especially in confined spaces or when dealing with heavy equipment. It may require aligning splines, engaging couplings, and securing locking mechanisms. Improper installation or removal techniques can lead to damage to the shaft or associated equipment. Proper training, handling equipment, and following manufacturer guidelines are essential to simplify and ensure the safe installation and removal of PTO shafts.
Despite these limitations and disadvantages, PTO shafts remain widely used and valuable components for power transfer in various industries. By addressing these considerations and implementing proper safety measures, maintenance practices, and alignment procedures, the potential drawbacks of PTO shafts can be effectively mitigated, allowing for safe and efficient operation.
What is a PTO shaft and how is it used in agricultural and industrial equipment?
A power take-off (PTO) shaft is a mechanical component used in agricultural and industrial equipment to transfer power from a power source, such as an engine or motor, to another machine or implement. It is a driveline shaft that transmits rotational power and torque, allowing the connected equipment to perform various tasks. PTO shafts are commonly used in agricultural machinery, such as tractors, as well as in industrial equipment, including generators, pumps, and construction machinery. Here’s a detailed explanation of what a PTO shaft is and how it is used:
Structure and Components: A typical PTO shaft consists of a hollow metal tube with universal joints at each end. The hollow tube allows the shaft to rotate freely, while the universal joints accommodate angular misalignments between the power source and the driven equipment. The universal joints consist of a cross-shaped yoke with needle bearings, providing flexibility and allowing the transmission of power at varying angles. Some PTO shafts may also include a telescopic section to adjust the length for different equipment setups or to accommodate varying distances between the power source and the driven machine.
Power Transfer: The primary function of a PTO shaft is to transfer power and torque from the power source to the driven equipment. The power source, typically an engine or motor, drives the PTO shaft through a mechanical connection, such as a gearbox or a clutch. As the power source rotates, it transmits rotational force to the PTO shaft. The PTO shaft, in turn, transfers this rotational power and torque to the driven equipment, enabling it to perform its intended function. The torque and rotational speed transmitted through the PTO shaft depend on the power source’s characteristics and the gear ratio or clutch engagement.
Agricultural Applications: In agriculture, PTO shafts are commonly used in tractors to power various implements and attachments. The PTO shaft is connected to the tractor’s power take-off, a rotating drive shaft located at the rear of the tractor. By engaging the PTO clutch, the tractor’s engine power is transferred through the PTO shaft to the attached implements. Agricultural machinery, such as mowers, balers, tillers, sprayers, and grain augers, often rely on PTO shafts to receive power for their operation. The PTO shaft allows the implements to be powered directly by the tractor’s engine, eliminating the need for separate power sources and increasing the versatility and efficiency of agricultural operations.
Industrial Applications: PTO shafts also find extensive use in various industrial applications. Industrial equipment, such as generators, pumps, compressors, and industrial mixers, often incorporate PTO shafts to receive power from engines or electric motors. The PTO shaft connects the power source to the driven equipment, allowing it to operate and perform its intended function. In construction machinery, PTO shafts can be found in equipment like concrete mixers, hydraulic hammers, and post hole diggers, enabling the transfer of power from the machinery’s engine to the specific attachment or tool being used.
Safety Considerations: It is important to note that PTO shafts can pose safety risks if not handled properly. The rotating shaft can cause serious injuries if operators come into contact with it while it is in operation. To ensure safety, PTO shafts are often equipped with shielding or guards that cover the rotating shaft and universal joints, preventing accidental contact. It is crucial to maintain and inspect these safety features regularly to ensure their effectiveness. Additionally, operators should receive proper training on PTO shaft operation, including safe attachment and detachment procedures, as well as the use of personal protective equipment when working near PTO-driven machinery.
In summary, a PTO shaft is a mechanical component used in agricultural and industrial equipment to transmit power and torque from a power source to a driven machine or implement. It enables the direct power transfer from engines or motors to various equipment, increasing efficiency and versatility in agricultural and industrial operations. While PTO shafts offer significant benefits, operators must be aware of the associated safety considerations and take appropriate precautions to prevent accidents and injuries.
editor by CX 2023-11-17